OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
These terms are intended to neither counter nor reduce any rights you have as a consumer. In all cases, any disputes which may arise will be subject to the prevailing laws and acts of the Republic of South Africa.
GENERAL LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
We are not liable for any injury, loss or damage suffered by our customers through the use of TRUEWOOD products and services, except those resulting from gross negligence / willful or intentional acts committed by our employees.
We respect your rights to privacy, and will not unnecessarily contact you without your permission, which permission may be revoked at any time.
- STANDARD AND CUSTOM ORDER PROCEDURES
- ORDER CANCELLATION
- PRODUCTS AND PRICING
- COLLECTION AND DELIVERY
- ON SITE AND SELF ASSEMBLY
- RETURNS & REFUNDS
- CARE & MAINTENANCE
- IMPORTANT NOTES
- STANDARD AND CUSTOM ORDER PROCEDURES
- QUOTATIONS FOR CUSTOM AND STANDARD PRODUCTS WILL BE GLADLY GIVEN, WITHOUT OBLIGATION.
- ORDERS MAY BE CONFIRMED BY PHONE, E-MAIL, FAX OR IN PERSON THROUGH YOUR SHOWROOM SALES CONSULTANT.
- PLEASE ENSURE ALL DETAILS ARE CORRECTLY STATED AND COMPLY WITH ITEMS AS AGREED WITH YOUR CONSULTANT, AND ADVISE US OF ANY ERRORS OR CHANGES IN PERSONAL DETAILS.
- ORDER CANCELATION
- STANDARD ITEM ORDERS MAY BE CANCELLED PRIOR TO DELIVERY. REASONABLE COSTS INCURRED BY US RESULTANT FROM CANCELLATION MAY BE CLAIMED AGAINST DEPOSITS, ESPECIALLY IF PRODUCTION HAS COMMENCED.
- PRODUCTS AND PRICING
- PRODUCT INFORMATION IS ACCURATE AT THE TIME OF RELEASE, HOWEVER DESIGN CHANGES/ENHANCEMENTS ARE POSSIBLE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE TO CUSTOMERS, AND THESE MAY RESULT IN PRICE ADJUSTMENTS.
- PRICES, WHERE SHOWN ARE INCLUSIVE OF VAT AND EXCLUDE DELIVERY.
- WOOD IS A NATURAL PRODUCT, AND COLORS MAY VARY SIGNIFICANTLY FROM SAMPLES OR PHYSICAL ITEMS SEEN. NATURAL WOOD FEATURES SUCH AS KNOTS, CHECKS, AND SHAKES ARE LIMITED IN THE PRODUCTION PROCESS BUT ARE ACCEPTABLE ‘DEFECTS’ AND ARE NOT QUALITY PROBLEMS.
- WE DO NOT PRACTICE WOOD SELECTION, ALL PIECES ARE RANDOMLY PULLED FROM STOCK.
- COLOR CHANGE AND WOOD MOVEMENT ARE NATURAL FEATURES OF WOOD, WITH TOLERANCES OF UP TO 5MM PER LINEAR METER ACCEPTABLE FOR BOWING, WARPING AND SAGGING. THIS MOVEMENT MAY OFTEN CHANGE WITH SEASONS.
- OUR FURNITURE IS CRAFTED AND NOT ENGINEERED; MINOR SURFACE UNEVENNESS AND IMPERFECTIONS ARE EVIDENCE OF ITS HAND WORKED ORIGINS, AND ARE NOT FAULTS.
- NO TRUEWOOD GUARANTEE IS GIVEN ON LEATHERS AND FABRICS. PLEASE ENSURE FROM THE SUPPLIER’S SPECIFICATIONS AND CARE INSTRUCTIONS THAT YOUR CHOICE IS SUITABLE AND CORRECT FOR YOUR APPLICATION.
- A 50% DEPOSIT OF THE FULL QUOTED NET PRICE INCLUDING VAT AND ANY SPECIAL CHARGES IS REQUIRED WITH ORDER CONFIRMATION.
- THE FULL BALANCE IS PAYABLE PRIOR TO DELIVERY.
- PAYMENTS MAY BE MADE BY CASH, CARD, OR EFT TO THE TRUEWOOD BANK ACCOUNT NOMINATED BY OUR SALES REPRESENTATIVES.
- EFT PAYMENTS WILL ONLY BE DEEMED RECEIVED ONCE REFLECTED ON OUR BANK STATEMENT.
- GOODS REMAIN THE PROPERTY OF TRUEWOOD UNTIL PAID FOR IN FULL.
- ALL GOODS MAY BE INSPECTED AT OUR FACTORY PRIOR TO DELIVERY, AND PHOTOGRAPHS WILL BE SUPPLIED ON REQUEST.
- DISCOUNTS ALLOWED MAY NOT BE CLAIMED AS REBATES OR CHARGEBACKS.
- COLLECTION AND DELIVERY
- BY ARRANGEMENT, GOODS MAY BE COLLECTED AT NO CHARGE, AND WITH NO DEDUCTION OF DELIVERY COSTS FROM PRICING. INVOICES AND PROOF OF FULL PAYMENT FOR GOODS WILL BE REQUESTED, AND SUCH DOCUMENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED AS AUTHORIZATION TO COLLECT.
- COLLECTED GOODS MUST BE CHECKED FOR QUALITY AT THE COLLECTION VENUE. SUBSEQUENT DAMAGE CLAIMS WILL NOT BE ENTERTAINED.
- DELIVERY DATES GIVEN ON ORDER CONFIRMATION ARE BEST ESTIMATES, AND MAY CHANGE DUE TO INTERVENING FACTORS.
- SHOULD YOU BE UNABLE TO RECEIVE DELIVERY OF GOODS ON THE ADVISED PLANNED DELIVERY DATE GOODS WILL BE STORED AT YOUR RISK FOR A PERIOD OF UP TO FOUR WEEKS, WHERE AFTER STORAGE CHARGES TO A MAXIMUM OF 10% OF THE ORDER VALUE PER MONTH MAY BE LEVIED AT OUR DISCRETION.
- PLANNED DELIVERIES WILL BE SCHEDULED IN ADVANCE, WITH AN INVOICE REQUEST FOR FINAL PAYMENT SENT VIA E-MAIL AS PRIOR NOTIFICATION.
- NON-RECEIPT OF PAYMENT CONFIRMATION 24 HOURS BEFORE TRANSPORT DEPARTURE FROM THE FACTORY WILL LIKELY RESULT IN A DELAYED DELIVERY.
- WE WILL ADVISE YOU OF A PLANNED DELIVERY TIME WINDOW. SCHEDULING IS A BEST ESTIMATE. WE WILL TRY TO KEEP YOU INFORMED OF ANY FORESEEN DELAYS.
- PLEASE ENSURE ACCESS TO YOUR PROPERTY IS GRANTED AND THAT DOORS & ENTRANCES ARE CLEAR AND SUITABLE FOR DELIVERY OF YOUR GOODS.
- SIGNED DELIVERY NOTES WILL BE RECORDED AS PROOF OF DELIVERY OR COLLECTION, AND AS ACCEPTANCE OF THE CONDITION OF GOODS RECEIVED.
- PLEASE ENSURE THAT WHOEVER IS ON HAND TO SIGN FOR RECEIPT OF GOODS HAS LEGAL AUTHORITY TO DO SO.
- IT IS IMPORTANT THAT GOODS ARE CHECKED ON RECEIPT FOR COMPLIANCE WITH ORDER DETAILS AND QUALITY.
- ANY DISCREPANCIES OR CONCERNS SHOULD BE NOTED ON DELIVERY NOTES.
- ANY CHARGES FOR SPECIAL EQUIPMENT REQUIRED FOR HANDLING, LOADING, OFFLOADING AND MOVING OF GOODS WILL BE FOR THE CUSTOMER’S ACCOUNT.
- OUR DELIVERY CREW IS RESPONSIBLE FOR DELIVERY OF ORDERED GOODS TO YOUR SPECIFIED PREMISES, AS WELL AS THE FINAL PLACEMENT OF GOODS INSIDE YOUR HOME. WE UNDERTAKE HOWEVER TO ASSIST IN DOING THIS AS A FREE SERVICE WHENEVER POSSIBLE, BUT OUR STAFF IS NOT PERMITTED TO REMOVE, HANDLE OR RELOCATE EXISTING ITEMS OF FURNITURE OR PERSONAL EFFECTS TO ACCOMPLISH THIS. PLEASE DO NOT ASK THEM TO DO SO.
- FOR EXPORT ORDERS OUR TERMS, UNLESS OTHERWISE AGREED, ARE EX-WORKS OR FOB. PROVISION FOR INSPECTION AND ACCEPTANCE OF GOODS AT THE AGREED DESTINATION MUST BE MADE BY THE CUSTOMER. WE DO NOT EXPORT, ALL EXPORTS TO BE HANDLED BY CUSTOMER
- ON SITE AND SELF ASSEMBLY
- MOST TRUEWOOD PRODUCTS WILL BE DELIVERED IN A FULLY ASSEMBLED STATE.
- OUR DELIVERY TEAM IS TRAINED IN THE ASSEMBLY OF THESE PRODUCTS AND WILL ASSEMBLE THEM ON SITE FOR YOU, UNLESS INSTRUCTED NOT TO DO SO.
- IF SELF-ASSEMBLY IS PLANNED, PLEASE REQUEST ADVICE FROM TRUEWOOD STAFF.
- DISASSEMBLY OF THESE ITEMS MAY BE NECESSARY FOR MOVING ITEMS DURING RELOCATION. PLEASE REQUEST HELP FROM TRUEWOOD PERSONEL IF NEEDED.
- DIY ASSEMBLY / DISASSEMBLY IS UNDERTAKEN ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- RETURNS AND REFUNDS
- SHOULD ITEMS FAIL TO MEET YOUR REASONABLE EXPECTATIONS – OF WHICH THE PRODUCTS AT DISPLAY, IN THE VARIOUS RETAIL OUTLETS, WILL ALWAYS BE THE BENCHMARK – WITHIN 7 DAYS FROM DELIVERY, WE WILL REMEDY THE COMPLAINT.
- IF PRODUCTS ARE PERSONALIZED – THUS OTHER COLOUR, STYLE AND HANDLE THAN ON DISPLAY, THE PRODUCT CANNOT BE REFUNDED. THE PRODUCT OR COMPONENT WILL BE REPAIRED OR REPLACED.
- IF PRODUCTS ARE STANDARD – THUS SAME AS DISPLAYED IN SHOP – AND THE QUALITY AND STANDARD OF THE PRODUCTS ARE BELOW THE ACCEPTABLE STANDARD AS DISPLAYED IN YOUR RETAIL OUTLET, THE PRODUCT WILL BE REPLACED BY A NEW PRODUCT.
- FURNITURE THAT DOES NOT FIT IN THE CUSTOMERS HOUSE DUE TO ACCESS, TRUEWOOD WILL NOT BE LIABLE.
- OUR FULL WARRANTY DOCUMENT IS AVAILABLE ON OUR WEBSITE.
- THE WARRANTY IS LIMITED, COVERING DEFECTIVE MATERIALS AND WORKMANSHIP, AND IS FOR A PERIOD OF 2 YEARS AND 5 YEARS RESPECTIVELY FROM DELIVERY.
- ISSUES COVERED AND NOT COVERED ARE EXPLAINED IN THE FULL DOCUMENT.
- FAIR WEAR AND TEAR AND AGE/USAGE PATINATION IS NOT COVERED.
- OUR WARRANTY IS DEPENDENT ON COMPLIANCE WITH CARE AND MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS, AND USE OF PRODUCTS AS INTENDED.
- FAULTY GOODS WILL BE REPAIRED TO AS NEW CONDITION, OR REPLACED AT OUR DISCRETION.
- SERVICE AND REPAIR REQUESTS SHOULD BE LODGED IN WRITING WITH ACCOMPANYING PHOTOGRAPHS OF COMPLAINTS.
- NON-WARRANTEE SERVICE REQUESTS WILL BE ACCOMMODATED WHERE POSSIBLE, BUT WILL BE CHARGEABLE.
- ANY THIRD PARTY CHANGES MADE TO PRODUCTS OR WOOD FINISHES WILL VOID THE WARRANTY.
- PROOF OF PURCHASE MAY BE REQUESTED WHEN CLAIMING AGAINST WARRANTIES.
- MAINTENANCE AND CARE
- OUR WARRANTY IS DEPENDENT ON EVIDENCE OF CORRECT MAINTENANCE OF YOUR FURNITURE. WITH CORRECT CARE, SOLID WOOD AND UPHOLSTERED PRODUCTS WILL GIVE A LIFETIME AND MORE OF ENJOYMENT.
- A GENERAL RULE IS – LESS PRODUCT MORE FREQUENTLY FOR BEST RESULTS.
- FULL WARRANTY AND CARE DOCUMENTS ARE IN THE DOWNLOADS SECTION OF THIS WEBSITE.
- FABRIC CARE INSTRUCTIONS AND GUARANTEES WILL BE SUPPLIED DURING DELIVERY.
- IMPORTANT NOTES
- WOOD IS A LIVING MATERIAL, IT BREATHES, MOVES, EXUDES AROMAS AND IT EVEN CHANGES COLOUR. IT HAS CHARACTERISTIC GRAIN PATTERNS, KNOTS, CHECKS AND SHAKES. THESE ARE ALL FEATURES AND NOT DEFECTS, TAKE TIME TO UNDERSTAND AND APPRECIATE THEM.
- AT TRUEWOOD WE UNDERSTAND WOOD SCIENCE, WE DESIGN OUR PIECES TO WORK WITH THE NATURAL FEATURES AND BEHAVIOUR OF WOOD. WE ARE ATTRACTED BY ITS WARMTH, ITS FEEL AND ITS IMPERFECT RANDOMNESS. EACH UNIQUE PIECE OF TIMBER TELLS THE STORY OF A TREE.
- DUE TO NATURAL VARIATIONS, WE CANNOT GUARANTEE THE EXACT COLOUR OF YOUR FURNITURE. OUR MATERIALS ARE RANDOMLY SELECTED AND MIXED AND THE TONES AND GRAIN PATTERNS WILL VARY FROM PIECE TO PIECE. DISPLAYED WOOD SAMPLES AND ACTUAL FURNITURE, ALTHOUGH TYPICAL, ARE SIMPLY A GUIDE TO THE WAY YOUR OWN PIECE OF FURNITURE WILL LOOK
12 Years of Truewood – Scratch and Win Terms and Conditions
1. The promoter of this competition is Truewood Furniture. (“the Promoter”).
2. The competition is open to South African residents only. Entrants must be at least 18 years of age.
3. This promotion will run at all the promoters stores: The Grove, Kolonnade, Centurion, Wonderpark and Mall of the South.
4. The competition is not open to employees or staff of the promoter and their immediate families or their respective advertising agencies and PR companies.
5. By participating in this competition each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these official rules and the decisions of the promoter, which are final and binding.
6. The promoter reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions of this competition at any time.
7. The start date of the competition is Monday 18 June 2018 and the closing date is Sunday 19 August or until stocks last.
8. This is a ‘Spend and Win’ competition. To enter this competition, entrants must spend a minimum of R10 000 to qualify to enter the competition. Entrants will then receive a scratch card on the day of their purchase to win an instant prize plus go into the grand prize draw where winners will be announced at the end of the promotion.
9. Promotion has 4 spend categories / tiers.
Competition categories or tiers to work as follows:
- Spend from R10 000 – R15 000 and redeem a ‘bronze’ scratch card to scratch and win an instant prize plus be entered into the draw to win a grand prize under the ‘bronze’ tier.
- Spend from R15 001 – R22 000 and redeem a ‘silver’ scratch card to scratch and win an instant prize plus be entered into the draw to win a grand prize under the ‘silver’ tier.
- Spend from R22 001 – R30 000 and redeem a ‘gold’ scratch card to scratch and win an instant prize plus be entered into the draw to win a grand prize under the ‘gold’ tier.
- Spend from R30 001 or more and redeem a ‘diamond’ scratch card to scratch and win an instant prize plus be entered into the draw to win a grand prize under the ‘diamond’ tier.
10. Instant prizes are redeemable on the day of the purchase. These instant prizes are final and not transferrable for cash or any other prize.
11. Grand prize draw to work as follows:
- Entrants to complete their details on the back of the scratch card and enter the card into the competition box at their chosen store.
- Once the campaign is completed all cards will be separated per category.
- Four draws will take place per category
- Winners will be randomly selected
12. There will be one competition winner per category. Total of 4 grand prize winners.
13. Competition winners can choose their prize within their category they won according to the available choices. Grand prize choices for each category are as follows:
- Bronze prize choices (only one option to be chosen):
- Option 1: Hot air balloon ride and Extreme sports car experience valued at R15 000
- Option 2: Curve TV valued at R15 000
- Silver prize choices (only one option to be chosen):
- Option 1: Apple iPhone X & Accessories valued at R20 000
- Option 2: Samsung Galaxy S9 & Accessories valued at R20 000
- Option 3: Shopping voucher at mall / store of winner’s choice valued at R20 000
- Gold prize choices (only one option to be chosen):
- Option 1: Luxury Bush Weekend Away valued at R25 000
- Option 2: Luxury Spa Weekend Away valued at R25 000
- Option 3: Luxury MSC Cruise valued at R25 000
- Option 4: Shopping voucher at mall / store of winner’s choice valued at R25 000
- Diamond prize choices (only one option to be chosen):
- Option 1: Times Square Voucher valued at R30 000
- Option 2: Dinner Vouchers at top 10 restaurants in Gauteng (chosen by the promoter) valued at R30 000
14. Winners will be selected per category in a random draw from all eligible entries received by the closing date.
15. Judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. Winners will be notified within 14 working days of drawing. Winners will be notified by telephone and email.
17. Prizes limited to one prize per family or household. In case of the unavailability of any prize, Judge’s reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
18. The prize must be taken, and travel completed, as per the dates of the prize. Dates will be set and communicated upon notification.
19. Prizes are not transferable and no substitutions or cash equivalents are permitted. If the prize is not claimed within the specified time limit the prize will be forfeited. Entrants waive the right to claim as a cost of winning any prize, any and all costs or expenses associated with redemption or travel to redeem.
20. The prize winners must accept that that his/her name and/or likeness may be announced in promoters marketing material or on the internet for publicity or advertising purposes without additional compensation.
21. Lay byes Option
If you are paying by lay bye option you will still qualify to redeem a scratch card as long as 2/3 of the payment is paid within the 8 week campaign period.
Eg. If your purchase is R33 000 then R22 000 must be paid within the 8 week campaign period.
22. Entries that do not comply with these terms and conditions will be disqualified.
23. Any breach of the terms and conditions may, at the Promoter’s absolute discretion, result in forfeiture of any prize.